United Krav Maga Intro
For anyone just getting started, the information below should help give you a real insight into our Krav Maga classes.
Krav Maga is a simple yet logical modern military based self defence system that can be learned by everybody. There is a strong emphasis on simple, natural and reflexive movements. These are much easier to learn and more effective under stress enabling you to protect yourself and your loved ones in a shorter space of time no matter your age, sex, strength, fitness levels or fighting experience.
Krav Maga is adaptable so you get the most out of your training time. Our high intensity classes help make you fitter, reduce stress levels, promote massive weight loss and can give you confidence like never before. With the correct guidance from our fully certified United Krav Maga Expert level Instructors and by consistently attending our weekly self defence lessons, you can reach your goals quickly. You’re never left to feel alone at our classes as you will get to train with friendly like minded people who share common interests in learning to protect themselves whilst getting fitter and having fun while they are doing it!
United Krav Maga will teach you:
- How to pre-empt, avoid and escape dangerous situations
- Attacking and counter attacking skills using all parts of the body
- How to defend yourself whilst on the ground
- How to use common objects for self defence and fighting
- Defending a wide number of attacks*
- Defence techniques against armed threats**
- How to defend yourself against multiple attackers
- How to defend other people (third party protection)
- How to protect your loved ones
* Such as punches, kicks, throws and different grabs of the body and clothing
* Items include but are not limited to knives, sticks and other dangerous objects
At the United Krav Maga Academy, we pride ourselves on being a friendly, highly motivated team of individuals who only promote a totally ego-free training environment. We would never let anyone feel physically or mentally intimidated. We have a family vibe at our classes with many of our members now meeting before and after our classes regularly on a social basis. Whether your goal is self defence, fitness or to just try something different and meet new people, you should come and join one of our classes to discuss your goals. Please note that unless stated otherwise, you DO NOT need a gym membership to train at the United Krav Maga Academy, we just use a number of amazing gym facilities for our classes.